Global Construction Solutions provides aerial solutions to a wide range of industries and through our technical innovation we offer the extraordinary time and cost saving benefits of drone survey to sectors such as Construction, Oil & Gas, Infrastructure & Civil Engineering, Utilities & Renewables, Mining and Agriculture.
Our drones carry a range of sensors including high resolution film and photography camera, thermal cameras, LIDAR & UV cameras.
We utilize the latest in survey data capturing and processing techniques and we offer high resolution Reality Modeling and mapping services with measurable accuracy for volumetric, area and distance measurements.
Our aim is to provide you with exactly what you need, delivered when you want it
- We will work with you to tailor a specification and proposal that suits your requirements. Depending on the size and type of your project we can provide the information important to you.
- Using modern technology we will provide you with the most cost effective solution, delivering your information quickly.
- Using only experienced land surveyors you can be confident that our survey plans are drawn to the highest standard.
- With our extensive survey experience our surveyors will provide additional information that may be vital to your successful project, such as neighbouring building heights.
- Survey drawings are supplied in various 2D and 3D CAD formats and paper copies can be provided.
- Should you require a topographical survey to support a BIM project we can provide you with a 3D surface model solution in Revit format.
- Additional services that we are to offer to support your project include measured building surveys, utility surveys and CCTV drainage surveys.
The definition of mapping is the graphical representation of information based on spatial relationships. Mapping is typically used to portray scaled geographical features forests, roads, and water. It is generally an ongoing process because regular changes in climate conditions and structural developments make it necessary to carry out regular mapping.
Originally, mapping involved just field measurements; however, the use of planes, and later helicopters, for aerial photography has significantly increased mapping possibilities. It is now possible, for example, to render multispectral images which enable climatic measurements.
Performing aerial photography with helicopters and planes is expensive, requires trained personnel, and cannot be undertaken at certain times due to safety regulations. A mapping UAV provides the ideal alternative; they are cheaper to operate, can be instantly deployed, and can be programmed pre-flight to follow a route via waypoint grids. In addition to this, the data is stored as a hard copy which can be easily inputted in geo-mapping software, allowing the swift implementation of the data
GCS can provide access to areas that are deemed too difficult or too risky to send your team into. These services can dramatically reduce your risk exposure in a “working at height” situation and by altering the economics of these inspections, can enable you to do them more frequently.
An inspection with a UAV platform also produces a highly accurate record (the output from the camera or sensor payload). The ability to be able to store inspection results for future reference can also be a key enhancement to your inspection regime as the scope of recorded information is kept constant.
Eliminate the need for expensive and time consuming scaffolding, man-lifting equipment and helicopter charters. This particular service keeps survey and inspection personnel on the ground and out of harm’s way, thus improving health and safety regulations as well as providing cost effective solutions for high risk elevated areas. Our cameras can be viewed in real-time HD from the ground using the latest downlink into one of our customized on-site vehicles. Our capabilities in 3D and Thermal Imaging will deliver new insights into your inspection needs.
The ability of drones to survey large pieces of land including protected areas, agricultural sectors, development sites and even sites of scientific interest, cannot be underestimated.
From erosion monitoring , vegetation monitoring, measuring to species identification and animal counting, the list of work streams that UAVs are being used for is lengthy and still continues to grow.
Thanks to the excellent feature of pre-programmed UAV flight paths, it’s now possible to capture the most relevant data with highly accurate repeatability. The low-flying feature of drones is equally important to capture precise and detailed data down to 1.7cm/pix, thereby providing some of the most up to date accurate information available to support your impact assessments.
Combining the UAV technology and our mapping knowledge allows us provide you with very wide range of data and high quality imagery in a timely manner of your EIA.
We are fully licensed and insured with high number of hours logged flying commercial projects with UAVs.
Our equipment can gather a broad range of data types, including:
- Digital Terrain Model (DTM)
- Digital Surface Model (DSM)
- Contour and Topographic mapping
- 3D Visualization
We inspect all manner of large complex industrial structures, including exhaust towers, live flare stacks in oil and gas refineries, operating transmission towers for mobile operators, electricity pylons, and wind turbines.
Visual Inspections -3D mapping and surveying – become:
- POSSIBLE. in areas where manned aircraft borne LiDAR is not suitable
- MORE EFFICIENT. Space and structure can be modelled in immense detail once and then reviewed and re-reviewed indefinitely thereafter. With traditional inspections, the inspection team would need to revisit the site if the initial pass was not satisfactory
- QUICKER. Drones can cover surfaces or structures up to 7x faster than traditional methods
- HEAPER. Avoid costs associated with engaging traditional inspections teams, associated equipment and insurance costs.
- COMPARABLE to previous traditional and 3d modelled inspections. A 3D model created from drone-captured data is a photo-realistic, point-in-time copy of the subject space or structure. Mapping changes over time is made possible in a way never achievable before.
- MEASURABLE. Our 3D models are accurate to within centimeters (millimeters if required). Engineers, Architects, Planners can measure structures and landscapes, the height of stockpiles or the depth of excavations to a degree of accuracy acceptable to regulatory bodies and inspectors.
A DRONE’S EYE VIEW
Gather High Definition (HD) video footage and photos, aerial shots of buildings and infrastructure for surveying and inspection purposes, all from a drone’s eye view.
GCS provides the surveyor or security monitor with a complete airborne UAV aerial mapping system.
GCS recommends the AIRBORNE Solution with or without the LiDAR and 4k optical zoom sensors for Surveying and Mapping Applications.
GCS provides infrastructure solutions using UAVs for mapping and surveying that have the following specs:
|Weight (inc. supplied camera)||Approx. 0.69 kg (1.52 lbs)|
|Wingspan||96 cm (38 in)|
|Material||EPP foam, carbon structure & composite parts|
|Propulsion||Electric pusher propeller, 160 W brushless DC motor|
|Battery||11.1 V, 2150 mAh|
|Camera (supplied)||WX (18.2 MP)|
|Cameras (optional)||G9X, S110 NIR/RE, Sequoia, thermoMAP|
|Carry case dimensions||55 x 45 x 25 cm (21.6 x 17.7 x 9.8 in)|
|Maximum flight time||50 minutes|
|Nominal cruise speed||40-90 km/h (11-25 m/s or 25-56 mph)|
|Radio link range||Up to 3 km (1.86 miles)|
|Maximum coverage (single flight)||12 km² / 4.6 mi² (at 974 m / 3,195 ft altitude AGL)|
|Wind resistance||Up to 45 km/h (12m/s or 28 mph)|
|Ground Sampling Distance (GSD)||Down to 1.5 cm (0.6 in) per pixel|
|Relative orthomosaic/3D model accuracy||1-3x GSD|
|Absolute horizontal/vertical accuracy (w/GCPs)||Down to 3 cm (1.2 in) / 5 cm (2 in)|
|Absolute horizontal/vertical accuracy (no GCPs)||1-5 m (3.3-16.4 ft)|
|Multi-drone operation||Yes (inc. mid-air collision avoidance)|
|Automatic 3D flight planning||Yes|
|Linear landing accuracy||Approx. 5 m (16.4 ft)|
|Flight planning & control (supplied)||eMotion|
|Image processing (optional)||12d Model Field|
Learning & Networking
|Customer portal access||GCS portal|
|Operator network access||As Per Territory|